Set in Balboa Park, the annual EarthFair is the largest free annual environmental fair in the world. With around 70,000 visitors and more than 400 volunteers, the event features exhibitors, a food pavilion, kids area, live entertainment, parade, art show and a “clean” car concourse.
- Entertainment: Two stages with contemporary and folk music. A third stage in the children’s area features children’s music and storytelling
- Exhibitors: More than 350 exhibitors from wildlife preservation groups and ecotourism opportunities to products made from natural and organically grown crops and alternative energy vehicles and more
- Kids Area: Crafts, games, face painting, storytelling, and a hands-on activities for children of all ages. Activities are intended to educate, entertain and inspire youth, in the spirit of Earth Day
- eHome Area: Showcases products and technologies that can make your home more environmentally sustainable
- eARTh Gallery: Features works by artists using recycled materials or showing depictions of “Endangered Spaces” in San Diego County
- Food Pavilion: Out-of-the-ordinary vegetarian fare
- Children’s Earth Parade: Starts at 10:30 AM by the Spanish Village and marches through the Park to the Children’s Area in the Pan American Plaza. Participants are invited to dress up as endangered species and present their favorite earth-friendly messages
- Cleaner Car Concourse: Features vehicles of all descriptions that all run on alternative fuels (hybrids included)
Sunday, April 27, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Free admission.