Celebrate the holidays at these San Diego area events!
Poway’s Christmas in the Park Are you looking for a great way to get into the holiday spirit and create family memories that will last a lifetime? Witness Christmas traditions come to life! Poway’s Christmas in the Park brings Christmas traditions to life, including: Christmas tree lighting at 5:15 PM, followed by the arrival of Santa & Mrs. Claus at 5:30 PM; horse-drawn hay and pony rides, petting zoo, and face painting; steam locomotive, model trains, and live entertainment; holiday sweets and warm dinner foods. Free Shuttles to and from the event will be available from two different locations. Locations include the Poway City Hall Parking Lot, 13325 Civic Center Drive; with the additional location at the Poway Adult School Parking lot located at 13626 Twin Peaks Road. Shuttles will run throughout the event, beginning at 3:00 PM and leaving Old Poway Park for the last trip at 9:00 PM. December 13, 3:30 PM to 8:30 PM. 14134 Midland Rd., Poway.
Victorian Tea at the Hotel Del Coronado As a special treat for tea lovers, or those who just want to relax and enjoy holiday musical entertainment, The Del serves Victorian Tea throughout the holidays. Ladies and gentlemen, mothers and daughters and good friends will love this charming tradition. Advance reservations required. December 13 – 31, 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM. Excludes Christmas Day. Adults – $52. Kids 6-10 – $27.
Jungle Bells at the San Diego Zoo Jungle Bells are ringing – it’s holiday time! During Jungle Bells presented by California Coast Credit Union, the San Diego Zoo is transformed into a magical winter wonderland. Guests can enjoy displays of lighted animal sculptures throughout the Zoo aboard the Twinkle Light Trolley, live animal presentations, Dr. Zoolittle’s lively version of “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas,” special music and entertainment, delicious holiday treats, encounters with animal ambassadors, visits with Santa, and much more. Join in the merriment with activities until 8:00 PM each evening and make your holiday a wild one – after all, ’tis the season!
- Jungle Bells presented by California Coast Credit Union at the San Diego Zoo is a three-week wintery celebration where guests can experience holiday-themed animal experiences and festive entertainment
- The Zoo transforms in late afternoon and is lit up with sparkly light sculptures for guests to enjoy. One way to see the lights is on the Twinkle Light Trolley ($3 for adults, $2 for children), a tractor-pulled trolley decorated for Jungle Bells that gives guests a fun ride around part of the Zoo
- A photo experience with Santa will be available for guests during Jungle Bells, where guests can come and meet Santa and get a souvenir photo taken
- Enjoy entertainment such as Doctor Zoolittle’s “Night before Christmas,” carolers, and the Toy Shop Hop trampoline acrobats
- Visit the polar bears in Northern Frontier and enjoy the festive decorated trees around the visitor areas
Special Food Offerings
- Seasonal holiday treats will be served at participating Zoo restaurants, including holiday cookies, hot chocolate, coffee with liqueur, s’mores, fried apple and cherry pies, and specialty soups
- Happy Holidays Happen daily at Albert’s Restaurant, with cocktail and appetizer specials from 3:00 to 7:00 PM
- Take part in the Jungle Bells Instagram photo contest for a chance to win great prizes! Take photos and/or videos of you and your kin enjoying the holiday cheer and tag them on Instagram with #junglebells to enter