Henie Hills Luxury Homes in Oceanside are located in a community that dates back to 1939. Homes in this development are situated on some of the most desirable lots in Oceanside and provide residents with unparalleled views of the Pacific Ocean and surrounding region. If you’re looking for a luxury home in Oceanside, why not consider a property a Henie Hills? Current Henie Hills Listings.
Henie Hills Luxury Homes
The Henie Hills community was originally founded in 1939 by Olympic skating medalist and Hollywood celebrity Sonja Henie and her brother, Leif. At the time the duo purchased approximately 1,600 acres of gorgeous coastal property. Soon after, they constructed a 3,600 square foot ranch style home where friends, family and the Hollywood elite came to visit to escape the craziness of Los Angeles. Over the years, more and more people began to discover the pleasures of Oceanside, and the Henie Hills community was developed. Homes in Henie Hills must adhere to minimum standards of square footage and lot size.
Coastal Luxury in Oceanside
Oceanside is located on California’s South Coast and is the third largest city in San Diego County. It has a current residential population of approximately 183,000 and forms a tri-city area with Carlsbad and Vista. The Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton is located just south of Oceanside.
During the 20th century, Oceanside developed as a beach town with over six miles of beautiful sand beaches. The marine corps base was established in 1942 and has been home to armed forces personnel since then. Since the 1970s Oceanside has grown into a suburban development known for its relatively affordable housing. It is also known as a great market for vacation homes.
Oceanside is home to many wonderful attractions that provide recreational and entertainment opportunities for residents and visitors alike. Some of the fun things to do in Oceanside include:
- The Oceanside Pier – built in 1888, the Oceanside Pier is the longest wooden pier on the western United States Coastline. It measures 1,954 feet long.
- Mission San Luis Rey de Francia – Oceanside is home to this Alta California historic Mission
- Mount Ecclesia Historic District – home of the Rosicrucian Fellowship, this neighborhood is known for its impressive architecture and its beautifully preserved nature grounds and gardens. Visitors to the district will enjoy a unique meditative walking experience.
- California Surf Museum – delighting visitors with the history and culture of the surfing movement and its impact on the local community.
- Oceanside Transit Center – this gorgeous transit center is a hub of services for the area and includes routes on Amtrak, Coaster and Sprinter
Residents of Oceanside attend schools that are within the Oceanside Unified School District, the Vista Unified School District, the Bonsall Union School District, the Carlsbad Unified School District, the Fallbrook Union High School District, or the Fallbrook Union Elementary School District depending on the address. High schools in the area include:
- El Camino High School
- Oceanside High School
- Ocean Shores Continuation High School
- Clair Burgener Academy