This is a great salad to make for open houses at a new listing for sale, or for a gathering of agents at an afternoon lunch. I often make it for my friends and family at gatherings like showers, luncheons, or an office meeting at Realty Executives. My past real estate clients enjoy it too! This recipe is really simple and can last for a few days (great leftovers for the office).
- 1 medium sized head of cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 1 can garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed) and
- 1/2 C chopped peanuts in a slightly oiled skillet (optional)
When ready to serve add to salad along with:
- 8 T. toasted slivered almonds (Trader Joes or toast yourself)
- 8 T. toasted sesame seeds (in Asian section of market)
- Noodles from 1 pkg Top Ramen (discard the seasoning package). Crush them in the bag before opening
- 6 T. rice vinegar
- 3 T. sugar
- ¾ C Olive Oil
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. pepper
Add 2/3 of the dressing, toss and taste to determine if you need it all (depends on size of the cabbage). Make and only dress what you need to use for a few days.
Have you tried this salad or recipe before? If you have suggestions of fun things to spice it up, please post them here!
Cristine Clark, REALTOR, Realty Executives Vista