This is a recipe I love to make for my real estate clients or for a top producer meeting for local top producing real estate agents. When we get together, we talk about successful ways to market homes, new real estate technologies, and which homes are selling well. My clients (home buyers and home sellers) enjoy this dish after a successful open house in Vista or Oceanside…sometimes we just make it at home and enjoy by the pool overlooking the hills of Vista.
1/2 Cup flour
1/3 Cup beer
1/3 Cup coconut milk (or total 2/3 C beer instead)
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 Cups flour
2 Cups flaked coconut
24 large shrimp
½ Cup Orange Marmalade
2 T. Dijon Mustard
1 t. horseradish
Bit of honey
Alt: Mango chutney
- In medium bowl: combine egg, 1/2 C flour, beer, coconut milk and baking powder.
- Put coconut flakes in food processor and pulse a few times.
- Place flour and coconut in separate bowls.
- Hold shrimp by tail, dredge in flour, shaking off excess.
- Dip in egg mix, allow excess to drip off.
- Roll shrimp in coconut and place on baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour to set.
- Fry in hot oil.
- Drain on paper towels.
Dipping Sauce: Mix 1/2 C. Orange Marmalade with 2 T. Dijon mustard, 1 t. horseradish and a bit honey and salt to taste or jar of mango Chutney, etc.
Shopping in North County for fresh shrimp: I suggest checking out Fresh & Easy if you live in Vista or Sprouts if you live in or near San Marcos…they have great quality, healthy foods, and fresh shrimp. Enjoy!