Happy Valentine’s Day! In honor of February 14, we thought we’d share 14 reasons why we love North County San Diego. From gorgeous weather to vibrant local culture, there’s something for everyone in our little corner of paradise.
14 Reasons to Love North County
- Where else can you go on an exotic safari without leaving home? The San Diego Zoo Safari Park in Escondido is a world-class attraction that is fun for the whole family.
- Spring is spectacular, especially when you visit The Flower Fields in Carlsbad. Enjoy more than 50 acres of vibrant seasonal flowers that blanket the area in color.
- You can enjoy outdoor Broadway musicals and concerts year-round at the beautiful Moonlight Amphitheatre in Vista.
- Ruby’s Diner is the perfect end to a walk down the Oceanside Pier. Where else can you enjoy panoramic ocean views while noshing on old-school diner favorites like fish & chips and classic milkshakes?
- Year-round golf with spectacular views is available at Shadowridge Golf Club. In addition, the 18-hole championship golf course is complemented with a full range of fitness activities and excellent dining options.
- Old California Restaurant Row in San Marcos is a culinary gold mine. In fact, there are 15 different restaurants to choose from, including San Marcos Brewery & Grill and Fish House Vera Cruz. Yum!
- You’ll find the largest of the California missions here. Mission San Luis Rey in Oceanside features extraordinary architecture and a historical museum.
- Meet animal ambassadors and learn about wildlife at Wild Wonders in Bonsall. This reserve features 120 animals, and many of them have appeared on TV shows like Good Morning America and Ellen.
- The Avocado Festival in Fallbrook is one of the can’t-miss events of the year! Not only can you nosh on a range of avocado dishes, but you’ll also enjoy live entertainment and can even enter to win the guacamole contest.
- North County is home to an amazing retirement community. Ocean Hills is nestled on 350 acres just 3.5 miles from the ocean and offers resort-style living with an 18-hole executive golf course, clubhouse, and a full range of amenities.
- What’s more, let’s not forget LEGOLAND in Carlsbad. This family-friendly attraction features a water park, an aquarium, and of course TONS of Lego activities.
- For a truly exceptional craft beer experience, head to Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens in Escondido. The restaurant features a one-acre organic beer garden and they have 36 craft and specialty beers on tap.
- North County is home to a serious (and seriously fun) surf culture. Check out the California Surf Museum in Oceanside to learn about the history, art, and culture of this fascinating sport.
- Finally, if wine is more your thing, then you’ll love Witch Creek Winery located in the heart of Carlsbad. Bonus – the tasting room is just one block from the beach!
Contact The Clark & Gilman Team
As you can see, there are so many reasons why North County is a wonderful place to call home. If you’re ready to buy or sell a North County home, please click here or call 760-758-1211 to speak with an agent from The Cristine Clark & Jamie Gilman Team. We love North County, and we know you will, too!